Education and Experience
I received my B.A. from Rutgers College and my Masters (Psy.M.) and Doctoral (Psy.D.) degrees from the Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology (GSAPP) at Rutgers University.
At GSAPP, I work as a researcher and supervise and teach psychology doctoral candidates. I am a licensed psychologist in New Jersey (License # 6064) and New York (License # 022823-1). I have been trained in psychoanalytically oriented psychotherapy as well as cognitive behavioral therapy.
Awards and Honors
While a doctoral candidate, I received awards for my compassion, empathy, and patience in my work with adolescents. Although I continue to work with adolescents, I have received extensive training in individual and couples therapy with adults.
My many accomplishments include:
- A certificate in Psychoanalytically Oriented Psychotherapy from the New Jersey Institute for Training in Psychoanalysis.
- A certificate in Evidence-Based Approaches to Addiction Treatment from the Center for Motivation and Change.
- The Robert D. Weitz Award for having been an outstanding doctoral candidate at GSAPP.
- The Michael Fowlin Fellowship for my work with adolescents at GSAPP.
- Numerous professional publications and presentations.
- Editorial boards of the International Journal of School & Educational Psychology and Psychology in the Schools.
- National Association of School Psychologists (NASP)
- New Jersey Psychological Association (NJPA)
- American Psychological Association (APA)